Our mission is to strengthen young children’s social and emotional development using child-directed play that empowers empathic adults to understand them.
To see a world where all young children are given the opportunity to experience the social and emotional benefits of child-directed play and meaningful relationships with trustworthy adults.
At Generation Two, we believe:
- Children can inform adults about what they need, who they are, and what they intrinsically like to learn based on child-directed play and conversation.
- Children should be guarded against the stigma of labels; therefore, G2 programs include all children.
- Not only do children benefit from child-directed play, but volunteers and other adults can experience purpose and belonging as advocates for the children’s social and emotional needs.
At Generation Two, our participants will experience the following outcomes:
- G2 children will demonstrate a more positive attitude about themselves, and their teachers.
- Through social learning, G2 children will be better positioned for academic learning.
- G2 children will be given the foundational tools to learn relationship skills, social awareness, and self-management.
- Through genuine adult connections and empowerment, G2 children will be given the foundational tools to build hope and emotional strength.
- Through child-directed play, G2 children will be equipped with foundational and age appropriate skills for life.
- Through child- directed play, G2 will stimulate the G2 child’s intrinsic motivation to learn and explore.
- G2 will provide a space for children to engage in regular periods of intellectual and physical freedom, choice, creativity and playful teaching and learning through child-directed play without fear of failure or punishment.